Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Summer/Fall DIY projects

Okay, so it's almost fall, and I have not yet painted the picnic table, even though the asparagus paint is sitting there waiting to be used! What's wrong with me? Well, I've been enjoying the Seattle summer! Who can blame me? It's been a glorious summer here, spotted with the occasional rain shower, like today.

I don't mind, it keeps things here clean!

One of my new favorite things has lead to TWO new pieces in my life that I can't wait to make over. The new favorite thing? Seattle Freecycle! WHAT? It's the best thing ever. Imagine the free section on Craigslist, but they email you the items so you don't have to go looking and you can choose what to take based on your neighborhood. And, best of all, EVERYTHING IS FREE!

"Our mission is to build a worldwide gifting movement that reduces waste, saves precious resources & eases the burden on our landfills while enabling our members to benefit from the strength of a larger community."

Bring it on.


The first new item, I'm picking up tomorrow after work is this sad little chair with mucho potential, from a fellow in Mercer Island. This is going to get a high gloss white paint job, with a sturdy and washable cushion (made from outdoor material). This is going to be Paul's new desk chair at the condo. I really think he's going to love it! It'll have a manly touch, but with old school class. Use your imagination, and stay tuned!


The second new item, also from the Mercer Island man, is this funky little side table. It's going to get a make over too, but not sure what color yet. It's going in our entry way at the Yakima house. I'm thinking white for now, just because the space is small, and I want to have the storage/keys/mail etc. drop but without losing visual space.


Okay, so I'm picking those up after work tomorrow, and taking them to my house so they can sit in the carport with the picnic table while I wait for a free day where I can paint them (I'm thinking this Sunday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment