I have about 10 things I would like to sit down and do lengthy posts about, and who knows, maybe I'll get a wild hair and do some this weekend. But I did want to tell you about something great that isn't being super promoted, but should be!
JCPenney's Angel Giving Tree Online
This is new for JCPenney I believe, at least I have never heard of it before.
Why am I telling you all about this?
Well, I'm SO glad you asked:
(shut up, you knew there was a list coming)
1. JCPenney is my dirty little secret. My grandpa Dick (my mom's dad) worked for Penney's for MANY years, in fact I think he retired from there. This gave my grandma Dot (my mom's mom) a lifetime discount to the store. Yes, a LIFETIME DISCOUNT. She had a credit card looking thing that seriously gave her some crazy lifer discount. I could barely contain myself when she took me there for my (belated) high school graduation present when I went to visit her my Freshman year of college. (She was in Eugene, OR, and I was going to Reed in Portland)
2. Even though I don't have her lifer discount (I know, sad it doesn't transfer down), I still go there because they have really sturdy clothes, that are both classic and trendy, that you can afford on ANY budget (just wait for my $.88 skinny jeans post later this month).
3. You are always going to hit a sale.
4. They just started a rewards program, and I already earned a $10 gift card that I promptly used to buy two cute sweaters (don't worry, post to come still).
5. They have awesome sales staff that are always helpful.
6. It's always empty so I feel like I have the whole store to myself.
7. They like to give back to local communities.
So, if you don't already have a charity in mind this year, you should really just check out the JCPenney's Angel Giving Tree Online and possibly consider donating. You can search for a certain area of the country or a type of person to give to.
It's a great cause, and you can be guaranteed they will receive something that is quality.
Doesn't giving feel GREAT?!